3 Designers Showing at Fashion Week (For the very first time)

Rhie fashion week







I hope that when you clicked on this post,  Madonna was already shimmying across the stage dressed in improper wedding wear. As you all know (I hope, I pray) New York Fashion Week is here. What you may not know is that there will be 18 designers losing their FW virginities, no deliberately tossed red rose petals or pit-to-ankle body waxing needed. It's not that kind of party.

There are three designers I'm aroused to see (notice what I did there) and by the end of this post you may need to take a long cold shower.

I was beat 
Incomplete
I'd been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
Shiny and new (in a fringed cable knit)

Rhie Fashion week sweaters
After working for eminent brands such as 3.1 Phillip Lim and Tsumori Chisato, Rie Yamagata launched her capsule knitwear line in 2011 and the brand has since evolved into a full blown, refined collection. Rhie was launched with a desire to infuse the image of an intelligent woman who also knows her materials. While the brand delivers an easy elegance, it also possesses extreme precision and detail. A fashion girl can preciate dat.

Favorite Piece : Boucle knit sweater dress with detachable shirt (WHAT!?
Max Gengos collection
Previously a super intern (for fashion houses like Calvin Klein, Anna Sui and Derek Lam) currently a luxury brand, Max Gengos meets at the epicenter of feminine and sexy. Upon graduating from Cornell University, Gengos was hired to design for Calvin Klein. In 2013, After several seasons of success, Gengos realized it was the perfect time to launch his own label. Combining space and futurism, pieces are elegant with a subtle hint of sex appeal. Be sure to tune in this Friday because there is talk of a "Neo-Tropico" theme (I'm picturing rain forest palms, but I don't think that's the case, hence tune in) 

Favorite Piece: The Elara Top featured above (left) 
Pamplemousse collection fashion week


Pamplemousse, Pamplemousse, Pamplemousse. If you say it three times in a row, you'll turn into a grapefruit. Just kidding. Inspired by art and art history, Singapore raised designer Danica Zheng proved that it is possible to find inspiration "from unexpected places." Her brand is all about the details. Cross-stitches, pastel tones and layers upon layers of ruffles. How could you go wrong? Geometric in shape, but sophisticated in design, Pamplemousse is a brand joining architecture with whimsy. Note: I am just as excited about the name as I am the collection. Another Note: Pamplemousse is the french word for 'Grapefuit.' I am not crazy. 

Favorite Piece: Off the shoulder, ruffled pastel pink dress. 

What new designers are you excited about this season? 
Don't Forget to stay up to date with BLOGLOVIN & TWITTER

No comments