Pieces To Make Your Spring Wardrobe Bloom!



Yay! It's almost over.
“It's” being the frigid air drying out my pores. 
Lately we've been having (apparently because of that chubby rodent with the tophat) warmer, brighter, less wet days. I'm going to knock on wood now that its been formally typed because Mother Nature or the gopher that predicts the future, likes to change her/its mind quite often. Anyway, now that the days have been getting warmer there's only one thing left to do: SHOP. 
It's never too soon to start dipping into what will become staples of the season (thought for another post: are staples even a thing anymore? You tell me) so lets start by refreshing our oversized winter wardrobes with some sunnier pieces, yes?
I think that while shopping it's important to purchase big on the first go so that every other item you buy afterwards feels like a bargain by comparison. For me, that purchase would be this light blue ruffled Gucci shirt. Yes, I own many button down poplin shirts, but not with these glorious ruffles. Before you judge, picture this: paired with the perfect cropped jeans and a patent chunky heel, pile on the spanish-style bracelets. Can't go wrong!
I've always wanted a cool bomber jacket and this Needle & Thread one is embellished. Two trends in one. Two birds, one sequined stone. 
You know those Dior shoes that are literally killing your soul and tempting your pockets? I found a similar pair to satisfy that luxury itch at Topshop for a lovely $130! I'll probably grab these Topshop Unique bow heels, too. 
As far as denim goes, a jumpsuit in the fabric is just maintenance-man-inspired enough. And then I kind of shouted to myself when I ended up adding these Victoria Beckham cropped flares to my bag. I'm a sucker for a cropped flare. You are, too. 
Don't be alarmed at all the ruffles. It's still cool. And even if it wasn't, I would probably prolong this trend until it became boring. It's hard to resist when Goen J creates an ivory coat-shirt with architectual ruffles and removable belt. So. Freaking. Cute. If the uber girly is stressing you out, try out the simple pleasure of wearing your pajamas outside. Grab a coffee. Sleep on the train. Go to a meeting. 
OR! or or or or. If you have a party to attend this weekend (preferably in a riviera theme) why not try out this Isabel Marant mini dress? I feel like it would help me to dance better. Yes. That's a fantastic reason to buy it. You CAN dance well. 

I may have to narrow down this list but for now, these are my Spring dreams. Which would you get? And if not any, what items are you coveting for the new season?

No comments