Fashion Month Streetstyle You CAN Wear

Fashion streetstyle trends
There's this thing happening in fashion this past month, if I do say so myself. The last few years I looked through countless street style roundups and found myself wondering, "Is this fashion or is
this the casting for American Horror Story Freakshow?"


People stopped dressing for themselves and began peacocking outside Fashion Week venues to get the attention of the nearest camera. These ambitiously dressed loiters made Streetstyle seem more like a joke than flattery. And honestly, I stopped looking for inspiration in it when I spotted cube shaped rotating fixtures mocking the duty of a hat. (The hats want their jobs back, with vacation days)

But then, this year I decided to click on the Streetstyle section once more. I was shocked to see that personal style had made an impressive comeback. While the trends and reconstructions of yesteryears favorite ensembles were fun and adventurous, they weren't ridiculous. Without further complaint or ado, I rounded up the most wearable and authentic street style photos from Fashion Month. And don't worry, there are no fur snoods resembling wolf carcasses involved.

Shall we?

Yes? Okay!

1. Billowing Sleeves: Sheer, Lace, denim... Doesn't matter. As long as it's voluminous.

streetstyle trends

2. Cool Oversized Coats: Throw it on over sweatpants if you will, you'll still be allowed to sit
with the Plastics.

polka dotted coat trend
3.  Redone button up: The white button down has always been a staple, but now with its modern reconstruction it's become a must have.

streetstyle trends 2015 white shirt

4. Fur accents: Faux fur, I should add. Guilt free accessories are the best accessories.



5. Printed Pants: Need I say more? Pants. With. Prints. Polka dots, palm (especially palm) art Deco like cubes, lemons if you're feeling sour, florals for Spring and jewel tone patchwork to celebrate old world opulence.

streetstyle trends printed pants

Follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date. Follow on Twitter for daily wit and sartorial news.

No comments