#OOTD: Elevated Basics




Lately, i've been focusing on finding quality basics with a twist. And when I say 'twist' I mean an interesting detail that makes the piece unique but still wearable for everyday (errands, dog walking, brunch) Instead of purchasing haphazardly or based on sudden emotion, I have been making sure that each new piece I add to my wardrobe is something that I wouldn't forget about if put on hold. For example, I walked into Topshop and put a pair of shoes on hold until I scanned through Bloomingdale's first. By the time I was done browsing, I couldn't even remember what the shoes looked like thus informing me that I was not in love with said item.

Note: Only buy pieces you're obsessed with.
Another note: Literally, out loud, in the store, ask yourself, "Do I love this piece?"
Side note: Unless you're having an absolutely shitty week, then buy it anyway. Return at later date.

Back to the point. I found these boyfriend jeans at Zara. Low price, quality look, fantastic details like a deeper hued hem and frayed edges. They also have slight distress and make my butt look lovely. I guarantee your butt will also look lovely in them. Next, my tie front button down blouse from H&M. This shirt makes me want to give button downs a second try.

Check out these button down blouses (with interest)
Easily, my handmade leather bag from a new favorite store of mine and others, Loeil, has easily become a wardrobe bestie. It's square. It reminds me of my childhood lunch box and it's super modern. It doesn't hurt that the inside is stock full of navy blue polka dots and gold detailing. All of these items could be basic but are not. Do you get what I mean?

Shop The Look 


What pieces have you been loving lately? 
And how are you dressing up your wardrobe staples?



No comments