Ruffles For Spring, Groundbreaking.

Let's play a game. Imagine you are suddenly five years old again. To you, the word 'ruffles' conjures up your entire wardrobe. A wardrobe that's probably stacked to the ceilings with pink frills, lace detailing, church dresses and colored stockings. You have yet to experience a world where grown women (those tall people walking around, fussing on the phone) wear such feminine detailing. 

Now, open your eyes. The seasons ruffles are romantic, subtle and delicate. From cascading layers to sheer tiers, femininity was in fine form at Paris Fashion Week. Leather ruffles appeared at Alexander McQueen, chiffon was abundant at Giambattista Valli and Proenza Schouler exuded major spanish vibes. Although I have never been a ruffle girl myself, I couldn't escape it. Everywhere I turned, my favorite minimal pieces were punctuated by it. The more it appeared, the more I considered it as an option. The frills of late may by flouncy by essence but are neither overly girly or too princess-like in execution. That makes for a perfect embellishment. 

If afraid to dive right into this trend, opt for one piece. I went for this one shouldered, subtly striped Zara top and paired it with cropped and belted Asos trousers, Carolina Herrera sandals and white L'oeil box bag. I don't know about you, but now that i've worn it, i'll be living in this feminine trim for as long as the sun will allow. 

Shop the look 



No comments