A Nod To Menswear






I'm (profoundly) aware that my immediate congregation (my boyfriends friends, my friends, the people turning their heads to the side as they gaze at my pants in confusion at the grocery store) don't usually understand or appreciate my love for culottes. Actually, where I am currently located in the South, people tend to audibly question what I'm wearing. In fact, I have completely accepted that my objection while living in the middle-of-nowhere is to have my clothing choices challenged by others around me. 

I'm either channeling Aladdin or Paula Gerbase’s 1205 luxe knitwear. I'll go with the latter. I have located the perfect pair for about four hundred dollars less (Here's looking at you, Zara!) While I hate to admit I'm wearing two high street pieces in the same ensemble I also must remember that I am a freelance writer and it currently works for me. These high heel sock style ankle booties from Zara are the perfect counter-argument to any "Why are your boots attached to that thing?" or "What year is it?" judgments directed my way by those who don't realize GivenchyMaison Margiela AND Dries Van Noten have brought them back. Plus, I can walk through the rain in these. 

Foolproof when paired with culottes, they add a bit of femininity to an otherwise menswear inspired outfit. I don't want to completely look like I stole this vintage blazer out of my brothers closet, even though I did. Hi, Justin! 

Shop this look below. 

No comments