WNE Style Icon: Jessica Wakeman




...
You know those people you can't seem to stop stalking on social media, apotheosized fashion babes who don't need to command likes, but receive them easily with their frayed jeans and adroit layering abilities? That is how I feel about Jessica Wakeman, the London based Masters student and designer who emerged on my feed sporting mary janes and pinstripe trousers that manifested in the forefront of my sartorial mind. These are the reasons she is the first Style Icon on WNE. 


1. She makes red nails and cigarettes look universally appealing. 
2. There is such possibility that she herself, made a black blazer and jeans look cool. 
3. There's the whole interesting sleeve thing --- she makes me want to go on a luxury binge for exquisite sleeves and my wallet says no, but.
4. She seems to make kitten heels & chunky mules a thing. 
4a. Crocodile chunky heels. 
4b. Chunky slip on MULES, need I say more. 
5. I have never seen anyone with such a definite, non-trend driven personal aesthetic using simple items such as flared denim, a button up (tied at the waist of course) and hair totally undone but totally done, you know? Which leads me to 5a. 
5a. Hair. Goals. Effortless blonde waves & lose curls that I apparently will never achieve. 
6. Unique, minimal earrings and rings are a mainstay. 
7. The main point is, I deem her iconic in the way people that just look great doing their own thing and putting on what they love, rather than whats on trend (cue a quick glance at my About Me. Yes, I self promoted on my self promoting blog) and making it into a wardrobe that cannot be seen as anything less than chic. 
Was I right or was I right? JW, you are a style babe. 

No comments