Ugh-Resistant Dressing


denim Zara dress white Asos Truffle Collection chunky shoes outfit halter dress


summer denim dress outfit fashion blog Zara halter dress Asos shoes
denim halter Zara dress white Asos sandals summer


It's ten AM and cloudy. You have those monthly stomach cramps pulsating in your lower back. You're beginning to think about calling out of work because, hello, its about to DRIZZLE and it took an hour to blow dry your hair last night. 

It's just one of those days. 

These days begin to unfold every cliched Monday morning, when you stay up a little too late, wake up a little too late and then realize you're out of Equal. I get it, it's happened to me, shoot --this morning had me questioning what else could go wrong: oddly misplacing my keys in a small bag or dripping liquid eyeliner down my cheek (which results in having to remove said eyeliner which also removes perfectly applied BB cream and setting powder, thus leaving an unblendable stripe) 

That's enough! 

Don't allow the Monday Monster to sit on your naked shoulder enticing the ugh to stay. If clothing contains the capacity to alter our appearance, then there is no reason it cannot change our ugh. How does this work, you ask in a hopeful tone? 

1.) What item in your closet makes you feel incredible, no matter the weather or the lack of coffee consumption? 

2.) What's something newly purchased, still hanging in the closet yet to be freed of its tags? Something you've been saving for the perfect day/weightgoal/event?

3.) Put #1 and #2 together. Simple math-ish solution

In the 'fit' photographed above, I went with my favorite high street denim halter top Zara dress. Complete with a frayed hem and paired with chunky white Asos sandals. Topped it off with a leather, navy bucket bag and a vintage gold cuff. 

If you're wondering, my ugh had vanished by the time I bunny-ear tied my dress strings. It's your turn to give it a go. 
Shop the look below
Follow

No comments